As with any community, rules and guidelines are important to keep the community running smoothly. Please keep in mind our rules whenever posting to keep our community pleasant for members and guests alike.
The Motacore community is primarily a support community for a business and its customers, rather than a general chat/discussion community. It is a community built around people getting and giving help and guidance. Your behavior should reflect that. The rules here are not exhaustive and will be modified over time as necessary. Use common sense.
Access to the community is a privilege, not a right, and members who continually breach these rules will find themselves limited or removed from the community, regardless of the other contributions they have made.
- The Motacore forums are the forums for a business and should be viewable in business contexts or by children. Please do not post anything which is inappropriate in a business setting. This includes, but is not limited to, profanity, sexual, sexualized or illicit content, hateful, threatening, provocative or vulgar content, links and websites and discussion encouraging the use of piracy or warez distributions, or any otherwise illegal content. Please do not attempt to circumvent the censoring options we have set up.
- Be courteous and respect your fellow members. To be clear, personal attacks, aggressive messages, and passive-aggressive behavior is unacceptable. If you take particular issue with another user and are unable to reply in a civilised and constructive way to their posts, you should ignore the user.
- Posts should always be constructive and on topic. For common issues, simply telling someone to search is not acceptable. If you disagree with a post and feel the need to reply as such, it’s important that you explain why. Off topic posts may be moved or deleted as required.
- Similarly, messages involving Motacore’s competitors must be constructive. Posts regarding their business practices, staff, and software are generally unacceptable. However, constructive criticism towards Motacore in relation to others’ features is acceptable (for example, saying that Motacore should function like X in software Y).
- If you feel another user is attacking or being aggressive towards you, report their message to staff. Do not respond publicly. This simply continues the back and forth that derails topics and makes them uncomfortable for other users. If someone attacks you and you respond with an attack, you will be warned regardless of who started it.
- All content must be posted in English as it is not possible for us to moderate the forums otherwise. In very specific cases (such as distributing a translation), foreign languages may be used provided an English translation is provided as well.
- Do not bump threads unless you have something else to add to the discussion. Additionally, replying to discussions which have been inactive for several months or longer should be avoided unless you have something of value to add.
- Please do not attempt to sell or trade any products or services in our community, outside of forums explicitly stated for such purposes.This rule also extends to give aways and competitions. You should head to a dedicated site for that.
- Service and resource providers may not solicit via conversations unless direct communication is explicitly invited.
- If you recommend a product or service and link to it with an affiliate code, you must disclose the affiliate relationship.
- Personal information and private discussions may not be posted unless it’s clear that all parties involved have consented.
- If a moderator or staff member takes an action or posts a directive (for example, to stop with a particular topic), you must adhere to this. If you discover a directive only after you’ve posted a message that contravenes it, delete your post or it will be taken to be ignoring moderators.
- If you have a problem with or question about a moderator’s decision, contact the moderator privately or submit a message through the contact system. Posts or topics discussing moderator actions will be removed.
- Each user may only have one account. If duplicate accounts are discovered, the duplicates may be banned.